[OpenMap Users] MilStd 2525B icons

From: Thomas Schar <thomas.schar_at_dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:43:22 +0930

Hi all,

<digress>
My areas current 'battlemap' type system is a combination of landscape
and falconview, and doesn't really support our simulation capability too
well. So, I'm trying to push the development of a 'handrolled' version
that can be tweaked to our needs.

I've been conducting a feasibility study generating a prototype
implementation of a 'battlemap' type capability using openmap and it's
mostly complete. I'm still tweaking performance slightly, but it's
workable right now. With around 100 icons (milstd2525) on the visible
map and combined with an RpfLayer (of around .7GB of data) and a
OMScalingRaster (60MB file implemented as a layer) I am getting a
rescale refresh latency (ie. users changes rendering scale) of around
2-4 seconds (wristwatch timed) at worst, and generally around 1.5 secs
(which is workable)
</digress>

Anyway, the app I am writing is running at 1600x1200 and I'm finding the
icons in the milstd2525 jar file to be a little small at (30x30)
pixels. Are the icons available at any larger resolutions? Or is the
2525B SVG file available anywhere to generate larger icons from the
source? (I don't need huge icons, but maybe ~60x60)

Thanks again for all the help.
Cheers
Tom.