[OpenMap Users] VMap0 question

From: Brian M Dube <brian.dube_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 15:27:04 -0500

Hi,

I'm using the North America VMap0 dataset from NIMA. I can successfully
display several layers for airports, roads, and built-up areas, but I'm
not able to display political boundaries, inland water areas, or airport
names. Airport usage can be displayed, but not the ICAO (iko) field. I
generally use scales around 1:6M.

I've noticed that some of the files in the dataset that have no
extension end with a dot, and some don't. Does OpenMap handle this or do
I need to add a dot to these names? I had to add dots to the cat files
for DescribeDB to function. DescribeDB still doesn't display feature
class names, but it provides much more output than it did before I
renamed the files.

Thank you,
Brian