Re: [OpenMap Users] VMap0 question

From: Brian M Dube <brian.dube_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:29:11 -0500

Don Dietrick wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> The package should be handling the files with or without the dot. The
> code checks for files without the dot and then with it. I do think that
> the lat and dht files have to both have the dot, or both be without it,
> though. I just tried it with and without the dots and got the same
> answer with DescribeDB.

Thanks for the reply. Does your DescribeDB output include feature class
names? Mine has a line such as "noamer:veg:FeatureClassNames:" for each
coverage, but it never includes any names. I've tried using VMAP2Shape
to get around this problem, but the same coverages that fail to display
in the application fail to produce shape files. Sometimes the VMAP2Shape
result is 0 candidates, other times a NullPointerException.

I don't know if the problem is that VMap0 doesn't have what I'm asking
for, or if I'm not asking for it correctly.

Brian