Re: [OpenMap Users] Java Web Starting problems

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:39:05 -0400

Hi Joe,

I notice, as you've pointed out, that you are using the
com.bbn.openmap.app.OpenMap class as your main application, as
opposed to the com.bbn.openmap.app.OpenMapApplet. The applet sets
the com.bbn.openmap.Environment to know that it's running in an
applet environment, so things that aren't allowed outside the Applet
sandbox aren't attempted.

It looks like an openmap.properties file isn't being found, and the
PropertyHandler is attempting to configure a JFileChooser to ask the
user for one - and trying to set the user's home directory as the
first place to look. THat's what's causing the exception. Do you
have an openmap.properties file in the codebase, or somewhere in the
classpath? It seems like the one in the openmap.jar should be found,
I'm not sure why it isn't. Applets don't usually find the one in the
openmap.jar file. You could specify one as an argument to the
OpenMap class.

Regards,

Don