Re: [OpenMap Users] VMap0 question

From: Brian M Dube <brian.dube_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:15:18 -0500

Hi Don,

Don Dietrick wrote:
> On Jul 11, 2006, at 10:29 PM, Brian M Dube wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply. Does your DescribeDB output include feature
>> class names? Mine has a line such as "noamer:veg:FeatureClassNames:"
>> for each coverage, but it never includes any names.
>
> Are you expecting to see specific names of the features? DescribeDB
> should just be listing the general feature names. Mine does this.
>
> If you want to inspect specific files, you can use the
> com.bbn.openmap.layer.vpf.Server class, that should provide more
> specific information in the files.

Here's what I've found.

Data medium: ISO-9660 Level 1
=============================
  - the application layers work as expected
  - DescribeDB displays feature class names
  - VMAP2Shape encounters null pointer exceptions

Data medium: v0noa.tar.gz
  - some layers work, while others don't
  - DescribeDB works only after renaming a few files, but I never get
feature class names
  - VMAP2Shape finds 0 candidates, or null pointer exceptions

I think I'm getting closer. Thanks for the help.

Brian