Re: [OpenMap Users] GraphicLoader

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:59:43 -0400

Hi Tim,

Instead of creating a GraphicLoader via the openmap.components
property, and letting the GraphicLoaderConnector hook it up with a
GraphicLoaderPlugIn/PlugInLayer that is initially on, you can define
the GraphicLoaderPlugIn in the openmap.layers property, and define
the GraphicLoader as a property to the GraphicLoaderPlugIn. If the
marker name for the GraphicLoaderPlugIn isn't in the
openmap.startUpLayers property, then that layer will be off at startup.

If a plugin is defined in the openmap.layers property the same way a
layer is, the LayerHandler will create a PlugInLayer for it and
manage it for you. This tidbit reduces the scoping required for the
properties for that plugin.