Re: [OpenMap Users] WMSPlugin newbie, question

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:20:31 -0400

Hi Tim,

Those settings worked for me in an application (except for the layer
part - the server doesn't have a Coastline layer, but it sent back an
error message).

I don't think an applet can contact a different machine other than
the one it was loaded from. It's part of the applet sandbox. You
can set up a service on the applet host machine to relay queries for
the applet, but the applet can't go there directly. I'm not sure why
you are getting the error you are, though.

Do you get the same problem if you run with your settings in an
application?

- Don