[OpenMap Users] nested generate(p,false) calls

From: Donohue Sean <SGDONOHUE_at_qinetiq.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:44:10 +0100

I think I've uncovered a tiny bug in OMGraphicList::generate( Projection p,
Boolean forceProjectAll), though I could just be misusing it.

I have omgraphiclists containing omgraphiclists containing omgraphiclists,
etc, several layers deep in order to be able to quickly turn off graphics
displays at a variety of ownership levels. At the moment, I am calling
generate(getProjection(), false) on the top level list, which is passed out
of my layer's prepare method. At the bottom level there may be a number of
OMLines which have needToRegenerate set to true, so we only want those
objects to be re-generated.

Calling generate(p, false) loops through each element of the list and calls
regenerate(p).

However, regenerate(p) checks needToRegenerate for the list and if so, calls
generate(p), which defaults to generate(p,true), not generate(p,false)

So although the top level list item checks needToRegenerate, all
sub-elements do not check needToGenerate but just get generated.

Is this behaviour by design? If so, how is one meant to recursively call
generate(p,false)? If it is a bug, I think the correct fix would be for
OMGraphicList to implement a new version of regenerate (we can assume
forceProjectAll is false, so no need to pass it as a parameter) which calls
generate(p,false)?

Did that make any sense?

Sean

The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and is intended solely for the intended
recipient(s). The information in this communication may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. Nothing in this e-mail is intended to
conclude a contract on behalf of QinetiQ or make QinetiQ subject to any
other legally binding commitments, unless the e-mail contains an express
statement to the contrary or incorporates a formal Purchase Order.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored
and recorded for business purposes including security, audit and
archival purposes. Any response to this email indicates consent to
this.

Telephone calls to QinetiQ may be monitored or recorded for quality
control, security and other business purposes.