[OpenMap Users] ECEFPoint - missing the altitude argument

From: Alex Yeo <alexyeo_at_stee.stengg.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:44:05 +0800

Hi,

I was recently attempting to convert a LatLonPoint with altitude into the Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed (ECEF) coordinate system. However, I discovered that the means for doing so (ECEFPoint.LLtoECEF(LatLonPoint)) does not accept the altitude value.

Digging deeper, the conversion does use an internal altitude value but it is assumed to be 0 meters.

As such, I would like to propose a RFE to include an additional method ECEFPoint.LLtoECEF(LatLonPoint,float) where the second parameter will be the value of the altitude in meters.

Cheers.

Alex