Re: [OpenMap Users] OpenMap Layer (New)

From: JR Andreassen <janrune_at_io.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:23:07 -0600

Hi....
  Well...
It's been a while since worked on it(a month or two). I've been
retasked until about mid-December.
Where I left it off, I was having problems with the rotations.
It would take me a little time to get you a sample. I was planning on
making it work and posting the
code. the only problem is when.
What I did to get the labels was a bit of a hack.
In 'com.bbn.openmap.dataAccess.shape.DrawingAttributesUtility' constructor
change:
        value = (Integer) columnNames.get(SHAPE_DBF_DESCRIPTION);
//--- Changed by JR-----------------------------
        if (value == null)
                { value = (Integer) columnNames.get("NAME");}
//--------------------------------
        if (value != null)
            desColumn = value.intValue();
Change the Column Name to whatever you want or change your Column name
to SHAPE_DBF_DESCRIPTION ("Description").
Then, change:
    protected void configureForRecord(OMGraphic graphic, ArrayList record) {
        if (desColumn != -1) {
            String ret = (String) record.get(desColumn);
//--- Changed by JR-----------------------------
// if (graphic.getAppObject() == null) {
// graphic.setAppObject(ret);
// OMTextLabeler omtl = new
OMTextLabeler(ret, OMText.JUSTIFY_CENTER);
// }
//
graphic.putAttribute(OMGraphicConstants.LABEL, new
OMTextLabelerTracing(graphic, ret, OMText.JUSTIFY_CENTER));

graphic.putAttribute(OMGraphicConstants.LABEL, new
com.bbn.openmap.omGraphics.OMTextLabeler(ret, OMText.JUSTIFY_CENTER));
        }

I was hoping to get a request for change through to pass the label the
object eeing labeled so that it could arrange itself.
Anyways, when I get back to it I'll post the solutions...
    JR