[OpenMap Users] Orthographic projection "inverse"

From: Stéphane Wasserhardt <swasserhardt_at_cls.fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:38:45 +0100

Hello all !

In Orthographic projection, when you call the inverse method on a XY point
on screen which is out of the world (ie. in "space"), it returns a valid
LatLonPoint which is plottable (according to the isPlottable() method).

When you look closely to the "inverse" method implementation, you can see
that the computed lat/lon is NaN/NaN, but it is changed to the projection's
center latLonPoint before it is returned.

Why ???

I think it should return the NaN values ! Or at least a non-plottable
latLonPoint !

For the moment I must check the returned value : if the returned
latLonPoint is equal to the projection's center, and if the passed XY
position is not the center of the mapBean, then the point is out of world
(= in space).
That's not really clean imo...

Regards,
Stephane W.