[OpenMap Users] Using a OMGraphicHandlerPlugIn subclass in com.bbn.openmap.examples.hello.HelloWorld?

From: Bas Schulte <basschulte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:33:22 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to use the example JAIPlugIn that was posted in this list
a while ago. In the OpenMap Viewer, this works fine if I specify this
in a properties file:

jailayer.prettyName=NiceName
jailjailayerayer.class=JAIPlugIn
jailayer.imageFile=/some/image.jpg

openmap.layers=date jailayer dtlayer distlayer graticule shapePolitical

In the example app, I have this:

jailayer.prettyName=NiceName
jailjailayerayer.class=JAIPlugIn
jailayer.imageFile=/some/image.jpg

hello.layers=date jailayer dtlayer distlayer graticule shapePolitical

My JAI layer won't show up in the example :(

I've narrowed it down to getLayers; it instantiates all layers and
fails because the created object (java.beans.Beans.instantiate(null,
className);) doesn't return an instance of Layer.

Why does this work in the OpenMap Viewer but not in this example? How
do I create a Layer that shows what the plugin wants to render?

Cheers,

Bas.