[OpenMap Users] GoogleMaps-like layer

From: Lepkowski, Thomas <thomas.lepkowski_at_lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:41:25 -0500

Hello All,

Please let me know if this sounds crazy. I'd like to create a layer
that brings image tiles into view as I zoom in (like google Maps or
Google Earth). The current basic earth layer (Political Boundaries) is
slow when zooming and panning. I'm thinking a collection of
ortho-rectified png tiles that can be addressed by x,y, and z would
provide pretty fast zooming and panning.

Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks
-Tom

Thomas Lepkowski
Software Engineer