Re: [OpenMap Users] GoogleMaps-like layer

From: Carsten Ø. Madsen <com_at_navicon.dk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:39:22 +0100

Take a look at JXMapViewer and its TileFactory. There is already a WMS
tile factory and it also works directly with Googles map thing (I think
there are legal issues with this however). Combining it with the raster
reprojection/scaling facilities off GDAL should make it possible to make
an OM layer without doing to much work.

More on on JXMapViewer here

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/joshy/archive/2006/10/nasa_maps_in_yo.html

regards