[OpenMap Users] Density layer or hotspot layer function in openmap?

From: Jeroen van Dijk <jeroen_at_sentient.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:39:09 +0100

Hello,

I'm working on a crime simulation project that uses the simulation
framework Repast. This framework has openmap integration which I want to
exploit to plot known crime incidents by a sort of density surface or
hotspot layer. On the homepage of OpenMap there is this image:
http://openmap.bbn.com/images/etopo.png. This image seems to show some
of this functionality. However, I am not able to find the right
information on these functions. Can someone give me some hints here?
When I used google I was overwhelmed by all kinds of irrelevant
information.

So in short my question is:

Is there some kind of density surface layer or hotspot layer
functionality? If yes, where can I find an example, tutorial, etc?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen