[OpenMap Users] Drawing Circles and Rectangles

From: Lepkowski, Thomas <thomas.lepkowski_at_lmco.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:04:29 -0500

Hello All,

I'd like to drag a circle or rectangle on the map, but I don't want it
to be drawn on the map, or become part of a layer as a shape. It should
just exist as a dashed line, for example, for the user's visual
pleasure. If the user clicks away, the dashed line would disappear.
The DrawingLayer seems to do what I need -and more.

Looking for some advise on how to approach this problem. I'll start by
looking at the Drawing layer and go from there. Any advise or success
stories anybody can share?

Thanks.
-Tom