Re: [OpenMap Users] Drawing OMRect > 180 degrees wide. Possible ?

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:35:15 -0400

Hi Jon,

The plots are interpreted as being placed on the sphere, so the limit
is there because the code is assuming the shortest path between
points on the sphere is the intended path between points.

You can get shapes to render that break the limit, but you have to
construct them with smaller pieces so the whole looks like it's
breaking the rule. You'd have to put a switch in the drawing tool
that specified that the line should take the long way between points,
so appropriate midpoints could be placed to make the projection code
do what you expect.

Regards,

Don