[OpenMap Users] Coloring the lines from a shapefile

From: Jeroen van Dijk <jeroen_at_sentient.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:04:20 +0100

Hello,

I have an OpenMap display that shows a map with streets. I'm using this
map to show where street robberies take place. What I want now is to
change the color of the street depending on the number crimes that have
committed in that street. For example, a street with a low crime density
would be blue and one with a high crime density would be red. I want to
be able to set this color after I have loaded the shapefile.? I know how
to set the color for all streets with the Properties class, but how can
I do this for each specific street ? Should I set the color as an
attribute and specify colors for certain values?

Thanks and regards,

Jeroen