Re: [OpenMap Users] Maximum number of animated OMPoly objects

From: Mirek Pawlowski <mirek.pawlowski_at_ctm.gdynia.pl>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:57:08 +0100

Rob Ratcliff napisaƂ(a):

> One thing we did was schedule repaints at some user-specified value
> (defaulted to 250 ms). It only repainted if something changed as well.
> The idea was to coalesce paints. (I haven't looked into it much, but I
> imagine that one could create a RepaintManager that did that for the
> entire application so that the application code wouldn't have to change.)

We also doing scheduled repaints. IIRC we deal with 2000 objects
repainted each second. Of course repaint time might be adjusted by user.
In our applications we have several so called dynamical layers. One
thread is responsible for preparing data for them (especially
interpolate new position of moving objects). After that repaint is
called in EventDispatchThread.

> Also, make sure layers like the VPF layer are using the
> BufferedImageRenderPolicy. Your poly layer might benefit from using
> BufferedImageRenderPolicy as well.
Agree with that :)

--
Miroslaw Pawlowski