Re: [OpenMap Users] Maximum number of animated OMPoly objects

From: Rob Ratcliff <rrr6399_at_futuretek.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:49:57 -0500

One thing we did was schedule repaints at some user-specified value
(defaulted to 250 ms). It only repainted if something changed as well.
The idea was to coalesce paints. (I haven't looked into it much, but I
imagine that one could create a RepaintManager that did that for the
entire application so that the application code wouldn't have to change.)

Also, make sure layers like the VPF layer are using the
BufferedImageRenderPolicy. Your poly layer might benefit from using
BufferedImageRenderPolicy as well.

Hope that helps,

Rob

p.s. Let us know what you finally come up with!