[OpenMap Users] AreaShapeLayer and gradients

From: Graham, John <j.graham_at_ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:45:00 -0400

Hi,

I am working on an application that uses AreaShapeLayer to display
provinces in Afghanistan. I use the fillcolor property to fill each
province with a specific color.
No problem there. Now reference
http://www.aims.org.af/maps/national/political_divisions/political_divis
ions_34.pdf
Suppose the "Nimroz" province has a fillcolor of CC99FF and the
"Hilmand" province has a fillcolor of CCFF33. Now suppose "Farah"
province has a fillcolor of FFFF33.
What I would like to do is be able to do a gradient color blend from one
province to the other along the border. In other words, there is a
blending of colors between adjacent provinces. For example, the
fillcolor of Nimroz blends into Farah (the two colors mix in a gradual
gradient blending along the border), and Nimroz blends into Hilmand and
Farah, and so on. Each province would retain its primary fillcolor, but
that color would gradually mix and blend into the adjacent province as
you approach the province border. Note that PowerPoint allows you to do
this manually this when you fill a polygon using a two-color "gradient".

Any advice on how to approach this in OpenMap?

Thanks,
John