[OpenMap Users] How do 'they' do it?

From: F.Bayliss <bayliss_at_alcatel-lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 07:37:17 -0400

Hello,

As the subject line implies I'm wondering how other web sites, like
google or yahoo, generate the type of image they do. Are they using
shape data and coloring the specific area's or do they use a different
type of source?
I'm currently generating imagery in my application using openmap and
several shape files but have not been able to provide a look with such
detail or color. I'm sure if I played with the options I can improve my
look but before I did that I wanted to know if this is the right
direction, or that maybe I should be using a different data format.

Thanks
Frank