[OpenMap Users] Dynamic loading/unloading of layers

From: F.Bayliss <bayliss_at_alcatel-lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 07:11:30 -0400

Hello,

Are there provision in openmap to specify all the layers in the property
file but only have them loaded into memory when visible, and removed
from memory when not visible?

In my application I'm using a world shape file and adding other shape
files to provide more detail. These other (more detail) shape files are
only displayed when the user zooms into an area and then not displayed
when zoomed out. The problem is I'm currently using over 200Meg of
memory because all the shape files are loaded at startup.

Thanks
Frank