RE: [OpenMap Users] OpenMap and Java 3D

From: Bivens, Hugh P <hpbiven_at_sandia.gov>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:09:19 -0600

FYI - NASA has a project called World Wind that is very similar to
Google Earth. They've recently released a Java SDK based on JOGL:

<http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/java/index.html>

I've downloaded it and played around with it, works great!

Now - I'm a loyal OpenMap user, I really like how quickly I was able to
customize OpenMap for my needs. I have not really looked at the World
Wind APIs to see how easy it would be to re-implement what I've already
done in OpenMap.

Maybe future versions of OpenMap could use WorldWind SDK, or current
OpenMap plugins/utilities could be added to World Wind?

-Hugh