[OpenMap Users] Reading spatial data from an Oracle DB using Java

From: James Anderson <jamesanderson274_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:06:08 +0000

Hello all,

I know how to write non-geospatial data to a layer pretty easy, however, I
can't write geospatial data onto a layer yet.

There is one example but it uses the sdoapi import which unfortunately I
can't seem to fined, (I've read on many forums that Oracle 10g doesn't use
this anymore as it's updated the sdoapi import to the spatial import), so
when I use the spatial import on Eclipse it doesn't have methods such as
'GeometryAdapter', however, it does have a newer version of Geometry, (it
uses JGeometry now). I would really appreciate it if anyone has a snippet
of Java code, or knows where I can find an example that includes the new
methods included within the spatial import. Thanks.