[OpenMap Users] How to animate OMGraphic and/or make AnimationTester class running

From: Christophe Ganivet <ganivet_at_cena.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 10:27:33 +0200

Hi all,

I'm learning OpenMap for a few weeks and for some "basics" I've no
trouble (displaying static data for instance).
But now I'm trying to move a simple OMCircle (north, south, east and
west) using keyboard and i fail.
My OMcircle doesn't be "refresh" into the layer.
I'm extending the com.bbn.openmap.Layer class with an OMGraphicList
member (i'm copying what i've seen in provided example (Simple2.java and
RouteLayer.java).
When my OMCircle need to be moved, i only update its coordinates and
then call repaint() on the layer.
But this doesn't make my circle to be updated. If i zoom or span the map
it is refresh at the good new coordinates.
I've also seen in mailing list archive that some people are using a
GraphicLoader. I've try to see the AnimationTester class but i don't
succeed make it run in a short sample program.
Can anyone help me ?
Thanx

Christophe