Re: [OpenMap Users] Serving maps over the web

From: Carsten Ø. Madsen <com_at_navicon.dk>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:28:14 +0200

Hi

You can use WMS and install the OM http server on a web server to feed
any map data that OM can display to your clients via WMS or you can just
grab map data from a public WMS sever e.g., add sattelite2 and
worldDemis to your .layers in openmap.properties +

sattelite2.class=com.bbn.openmap.plugin.wms.WMSPlugIn
sattelite2.prettyName=LANDSAT Satelite
sattelite2.wmsserver=http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi
sattelite2.format=image/png
sattelite2.transparent=FALSE
sattelite2.layers=srtm_mag,global_mosaic
sattelite2.styles=default,pseudo_bright
sattelite2.wmsversion=1.3

worldDemis.class=com.bbn.openmap.plugin.wms.WMSPlugIn
worldDemis.format=image/png
worldDemis.layers=Bathymetry,Countries,Topography,Hillshading,Builtup+areas,Coastlines,\
Waterbodies,Inundated,Rivers,Streams,Railroads,Highways,Roads,Trails,Borders,Cities,\
Settlements,Spot+elevations,Airports,Ocean+features
worldDemis.removable=true
wordlDemis.styles=
worldDemis.transparent=TRUE
worldDemis.vendorspecificnames=wms
worldDemis.vendorspecificvalues=WorldMap
worldDemis.wmsserver=http://www2.demis.nl/mapserver/wms.asp
worldDemis.prettyName=Demis Worldmap

regards
Carsten