RE: [OpenMap Users] Vary color of polygons in shape files

From: Lepkowski, Thomas <thomas.lepkowski_at_lmco.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:09:25 -0400

You need to drill into the layer and get the OMGraphicList that contains
all the OMGraphics. These OMGraphics represent the lines and areas
defining the states. Once you have hold of a state that sits on a
planet over 6000 years old, you set fill color to blue. I don't
remember exactly how you get the state name, but look into the Layer's
appObject for an Integer object that references information in the shape
file's dbf file. Maybe there's a better way to get that state name, I
going from memory.

-Tom