RE: [OpenMap Users] Hello!... and question

From: Lepkowski, Thomas <thomas.lepkowski_at_lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:44:59 -0400

Hello Davide,

I'll assume you know Java. Use the drawing layer (see Demo) to draw an
"OMThing" In your case, you draw an OMRect. Now, with your list of
objects in hand, check each one to see if it's inside the OMRect. Using
getWestLon, getEastLon, getSouthLat, and getNorthLat (these define the
OMRect's bounding box), test each of your object's lat and lon to see if
they're inside the bounding box.

The first step in this process is to create your own drawing layer and
have control over the OMRect that you draw.

I hope this helps.