RE: [OpenMap Users] How to export coord info to clipboard (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Lackey, Michael B. \(SED/BTI\) <"Lackey,>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 08:12:40 -0500

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Carsten,

Thank you.

Mike Lackey
Brockwell Technologies, Inc.
256-876-0167

-----Original Message-----
From: "Carsten Ø. Madsen" [mailto:com_at_navicon.dk]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:43 PM
To: Lackey, Michael B. (SED/BTI)
Cc: openmap-users_at_bbn.com
Subject: Re: [OpenMap Users] How to export coord info to clipboard (UNCLASSIFIED)

Hi

Install your own mouse mode via the openmap.properties file, e.g., extend the PanMouseMode and override mouseClicked to do the copy to clip board

class ClipboardMouseMode extends PanMouseMode {

  public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
        super.mouseClicked(e);
        LatLonPoint llp = null;
        int x = e.getX();
        int y = e.getY();
        if (e.getSource() instanceof MapBean) {
              llp = ((MapBean) e.getSource()).getProjection().inverse(x, y);
              Clipboard systemClipboard = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit()
                            .getSystemClipboard();
              // format, UTM convert llp here
              Transferable transferableText = new StringSelection(llp);
              systemClipboard.setContents(transferableText, null);
        }
    }

}

Then add

panMouseMode.class=ClipboardMouseMode

to openmap.properties in your home dir and add ClipboardMouseMode to the classpath before launching OM.

BR
Carsten