[OpenMap Users] Changing Tool tip

From: Jay D. Askren <jda_at_quantumleap.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:24:34 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openmap-users_at_bbn.com [mailto:owner-openmap-users_at_bbn.com]
On Behalf Of Lackey, Michael B. (SED/BTI)
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:37 PM
To: openmap-users_at_bbn.com
Subject: [OpenMap Users] How to export coord info to clipboard
(UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I implemented a tool tip in open map by using fireHideToolTip() and
fireRequestToolTip() in the layer class. It works pretty well but I
have one small problem. My tool tip is dynamic and is changed from a
separate thread. If I mouse over a location and leave the mouse cursor
there, it doesn't change even though I call fireRequestToolTip() with an
alternate tool tip from my separate thread. If I move the mouse ever so
slightly, it gets updated, but not if I leave the mouse there. How do I
get the tooltip to update itself despite not having a mouse moved event?
Thanks.