[OpenMap Users] Errors with shapefile

From: Fábio Henrique da Silva <fabio.silva_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:37:21 -0300

Dear OpenMappers,

I am facing the following errors with a shapefile:

*** ERROR ***
Shapefile SpatialIndex.createIndex: Unknown shape type: 15
*************

*** ERROR ***
StreamInputReader can't skip 68 bytes as instructed

However, I was able to open it without problems on several GIS applications,
like ArcView, udig and MapWindow.
Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?
I'm not sending it here because it is a huge amount of data (.shp has 54Mb /
16Mb zipped).

Kind regards,

Fábio.