RE: [OpenMap Users] Constructive Area Geometry

From: Chris Hopkins <chopkins_at_cra.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:09:13 -0400

Hey Phil -

One thing that we've done is written a JLayeredPane wrapper around the
BasicMapPanel so that we can essentially layer Swing components over the
map. We are using this currently for popup details for map items. You
could use the same approach for drawing over the map using Java2D but
you'd have to add some hooks to make sure that while drawing in the X,Y
coordinate space you were over the correct lat,lon coordinates if that
is what you are intending to achieve.

In any case, let me know if you (or anyone else for that matter) are
interested and I can try to decouple the implementation and post it to
the group.

  - Chris