[OpenMap Users] Magic incantation for BasicMapPanel

From: Chris Hopkins <chopkins_at_cra.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:12:06 -0400

Hi all -

Up until now, we've been using the BasicMapPanel with the delayed
creation constructor. This scoops up the openmap.properties file we have
in the directory we are running from. We are now faced with having to
run two separate applications that use a common OpenMap wrapper and we
want to specify two separate properties files. What is the proper way to
initialize a BasicMapPanel using a PropertyHandler? It appears that the
PropertyHandler is expecting a URL but if I pass
file://openmap.properties <file:///\\openmap.properties> I'm getting
inconsistent behavior (my code throws exceptions where it didn't
before).

Granted, it might be my code (yeah, big shocker I know) but I figured I
would ask before delving much deeper.

Thanks,

Chris