[OpenMap Users] Use of OMRect (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Lackey, Michael B. \(SED/BTI\) <"Lackey,>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:29:16 -0500

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hello all,

I have a question for the group.

I am using an extended Layer to create some custom graphics. At the
moment, very simple things like OMRect and OMScalingIcon.

There is a behavior with OMRect that I would like to work around.

Once placed, my layer's mouse listener will drag the rectangle around
the screen. It moves the entire rectangle by moving each of the 4
corners to current location plus some delta. As long as all 4 sides of
the rectangles remain inside the BsaicMapPanel, it works fine.

But if I move the rectangle, such that either the left side or the top
side are moved outside the BasicMapPanel, not only does the one side
disappear, all fours sides disappear, and the entire OMRect disappears.
Example, if grab the bottom of the rectangle, and push it upwards, such
that the top line segment moves off the map panel, all 4 sides
disappear.

This does not happen when the right/bottom sides are moved off the map
panel, it only happens when the top and/or left sides are moved off
panel.

It "would be nice" if there were a way to draw the remaining 3 sides
that could be visible. Searched the list arvhice, but didn't find
anything there.

The RENDER-TYPE is LAT-LON. I wonder if it's related to x/y coords
becoming negative?

I've thought about changing the class to draw four lines instead of an
OMRect, but that would mean rewriting a blob of (tested and working)
code, but more importantly I'm not sure that would work either. So I
thought I'd ask before I start hacking and slashing.

Has anybody out there seen a similar situation, and if so what was your
work-around?

Mike Lackey
Brockwell Technologies, Inc.
256-876-0167