[OpenMap Users] Accessing DTED data

From: TRAN Jerome <jerome.tran_at_c-s.fr>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:14:44 +0200

Hello,

I want to get an elevation profile over a line. I mean the user is
drawing a line on the map, then the application draws a 2D plot of the
elevation (Y) every "k" meters (following the line). I hope you
understood ^^

I got DTED level 0 data, i am displaying it with a DTEDLayer and
accessing to the elevation of a single LatLonPoint with something like :
       # DTEDFrame DTED=new
DTEDFrame("D:/jtran/DTEDMED/dted/e001/n44.dt0",true);
       # System.out.println("test="+DTED.elevationAt(44, 1));.
//everything is working so i can assume that my DTED is supported by
OpenMap.

Is it possible to "fuse" DTEDFrames in order to use the
getElevations(...) method for long distances, when my "extraction line"
is crossing more than one DTED Frame ? Maybe i missed something and this
is already implemented (probably), in that case how do you do ? Maybe
DTEDAdmin ?

Please answer me, thank you,