Re: [OpenMap Users] Accessing DTED data

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 23:06:42 -0400

Hi Jerome,

You'll find something like this in the
com.bbn.openmap.layer.terrain.TerrainLayer, using the ProfileGenerator.

The best way to get the information you want is to copy the
ProfileGenerator and the way it uses the
com.bbn.openmap.dataAccess.dted.DTEDFrameCache. You would ask the
DTEDFrameCache for the elevations at certain lat/lon points, and you
wouldn't have to worry about the DTEDFrames. The DTEDFrameCache
knows how to access the data.