[OpenMap Users] Problems with getItemsForOMGraphicMenu method

From: Davidian <kroberts_at_syrres.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:45:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me...

To start, just the facts:

1) I have created a Layer class that extends OMGraphicHandlerLayer.

2) I have created a class that extends OMGraphic. This class has contains
an OMRaster and an OMText.

3) My OMGraphic class is displaying properly on my layer. Everything works
fine there. I see both the icon (the OMRaster) and its label (the OMText).

Now, the problem:

When I right click on one of my graphics on the map, the
getItemsForOMGraphicMenu method does NOT get called. Instead, the
getItemsForMapMenu method gets called. It seems as though OpenMap does not
recognize that an OMGraphic is even in that location.

My theory is that this is because I have a "composite" OMGraphic, which
really consists of two OMGraphic objects. Even though I think this, I
cannot phathom how to fix this.

As a note: If I put a standard OMGraphic on my layer (say, just an
OMRaster), the mouse click related methods for clicking on those graphics
work. Just not for my custom class.

If anyone has tips for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank You,

Kennedy

<edited and sent to mail list>