[OpenMap Users] Re: OMLine or OMPoly with segments

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:37:57 -0500

I just wanted to make sure that you know that ArcCalc doesn't give you
something real (or rather, representative) - it calculates a path in x,y
pixel space between two points. We've used it to create mutilple paths
between points on a map that don't lie on top of one another, where
drawing a relationship between two points was important, not the path
between them. ArcCalc shouldn't be confused with GreatCircle, which
creates a Great Circle line between two coordinates. An OMLine with a
LineType.GREAT_CIRCLE does the same thing.

That said, you can do what you've proposed, but it's a lot of extra
calculations - you can simply modify/extend ArcCalc to render between
those points for you, they are already pixel values.

If the Great Circle path is important to you, then I would extend OMLine
and override that render method. You should be able to iterate through
the Shape object's points and draw directly into the Graphics object
with the multiple colors you want.

- Don