Re: [OpenMap Users] Displaying Images in Open Map

From: Ben Weisburd <benw_at_ll.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:42:57 -0500

Hi Jay,

There might be other ways of doing this, but I would extend the openmap
Layer class and have it read the image into a BufferedImage. Then you'd
override the Layer's paint method and use the current projection object
to scale and position the image on the screen. The projection gives you
viewport size, and center lat/long, so you'd probably need some kind of
mapping between your image's pixels coordinates and lat long.
Another approach might be to use the OMRaster class together with
OMGraphicHandlerLayer.

-Ben

PS. check out http://openmap.bbn.com/doc/OpenMapDevGuide.pdf