Re: [OpenMap Users] ESRI Shape File draw roads with different sizes

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:37:01 -0500

Hi Alessio,

If you use the OpenMap 4.6.4 beta, you can do this in the properties
file for the ShapeLayer, here's an example of what the properties look
like:

neroads.class=com.bbn.openmap.layer.shape.ShapeLayer
neroads.prettyName=Roads
neroads.shapeFile=/data/shape/usa/neroads/MajorHighwysNE.shp
neroads.mouseModes=Gestures
neroads.rules=rule0 rule1
neroads.maxScale=1000000f
neroads.rule0.key=CLASS_RTE
neroads.rule0.op=lt
neroads.rule0.val=2
neroads.rule0.label=PREFIX PRETYPE NAME TYPE SUFFIX
neroads.rule0.label.maxScale=1000000
neroads.rule0.render=true
neroads.rule0.render.maxScale=1000000
neroads.rule0.lineColor=FFFA73
neroads.rule0.lineWidth=4
neroads.rule0.mattingColor=55AAAAAA
neroads.rule1.key=CLASS_RTE
neroads.rule1.op=all
neroads.rule1.label=PREFIX PRETYPE NAME TYPE SUFFIX
neroads.rule1.label.maxScale=200000
neroads.rule1.render=true
neroads.rule1.render.maxScale=500000
neroads.rule1.lineColor=FFFFFF
neroads.rule1.lineWidth=3
neroads.rule1.mattingColor=55AAAAAA

For the .key and .label properties, those values are column names of
the dbf file. For more details about the rules, check out the
javadocs for the com.bbn.openmap.dataAccess.shape.DbfHandler.

OpenMap 4.6.4 will be released very shortly.

You also have the option of looking in the DbfTableModel row contents,
and setting the line width on the OMGraphic in the corresponding
EsriGraphicList. The order of the objects in the two components are
the same and the entries match up.