[OpenMap Users] PanMouseMode question

From: Dan Goldberg <dan_at_orca1.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 17:50:55 -0800

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a technical reason why the image that is dragged
around in PanMouseMode can't be larger than the currently viewed area. For
example, suppose you've recentered your map to a 1 nm^2 region. Would it be
possible for the image that is created in PanMouseMode to consist of not
only the viewable region but also the 8 1 nm^2 regions that border that
region? I'm assuming the map only renders what is visible but would it be
technically possible to have a flag in the map that says render the other
bordering areas? Then, if that were possible, could the PanMouseMode create
an image of that larger area and drag that around?

I'm just wondering if this is feasible. Thanks for any feedback.

Dan.