[OpenMap Users] projection problem

From: duboscqd <duboscqd_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 09:33:25 +0100

Hello,

I would lile to interpret & display data that comes as follow :
- I receive a reference point with lat/lon data
- i receive points (let say P1) that is expressed with X (miles or meters) and Y(miles or meters) distance from the reference point.
The sender gives X and Y according to a flat representation centered on the reference point.

To get the lat/lon of P1 i compute distance (rads) and angle from X and Y then use : ref.getPoint( rads , angle );

However the result is not clean, since it seems that the "getPoint call" computes the lat/lon taking into considerations that the distance is on the earth,
and in my case the distance is from the flat representation.

I hope my explanantions are clear enough.
Is there any other transformation method i could use to solve that problem ?

Thx by advance