Re: [OpenMap Users] OpenMap Applet layers seem to get block.

From: kossboss <dave.kiraly_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:02:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, basically all the layers that I am using are OMGraphicHandlerLayer. I do
have my own implementation of them as a GenericLayer were I override prepare
and projectionChanged methods. I also set up a StandardMapMouseInterpreter
to handle certain mouse events but nothing to fancy. The code that adds the
layers look likes this
geometryLayer = new GenericLayer(GRAPHICS, this, mapBean);
      unitsLayer = new GenericLayer(UNITS, this, mapBean);
      targetLayer = new GenericLayer(TARGETS, this, mapBean);
      tracksLayer = new GenericLayer(TRACKS, this, mapBean);
      editLayer = new FiresEditorLayer(this, mapBean);

      layerHandler.addLayer(editLayer);
      layerHandler.addLayer(unitsLayer, 1);
      layerHandler.addLayer(geometryLayer, 3);
      layerHandler.addLayer(targetLayer, 0);
      layerHandler.addLayer(tracksLayer, 2);

The FiresEditorLayer is nothing but a EditorLayer used to draw graphics.

I have a mapbean component to handle centerOn LatPoints returned by the map.
The WMS Layer is added by the openmap.properties file

wmsp.class=com.bbn.openmap.plugin.wms.WMSPlugIn
wmsp.prettyName=WMS Layer
wmsp.wmsserver=http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi
# http://www2.demis.nl/wms/wms.asp
wmsp.format=image/png
wmsp.transparent=false
wmsp.layers=BMNG
wmsp.wmsversion=1.1.1
wmsp.backgroundcolor=0x000000
wmsp.styles=May
wmsp.LLXY=EPSG:4326

but is turned off by default.

Not sure if the loading of layers from a properties file and loading of
layers programmatically
may be causing a problem.

Thanks for your response.