Re: [OpenMap Users] Re: Adding 3d object to openmap

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:48:18 -0400

Hi Sinan,

It's been a while since I played in the OpenMap J3D stuff, so we might
have a little trial and error here.

You do start with the OM3DViewerLauncher, and that gets the
information it needs based on the MapHandler contents. The mask
setting on the OM3DViewerLauncher lets the MapContent object whether
it should create geometries from OMGraphicHandlerLayers, and/or look
for OM3DGraphicHandlers to get geometries.

OM3DGraphicHandler will be asked to add objects to the 3D scene, and
OMGraphicHandlerLayers will be used to create LayerMapContent objects.

To be honest, this code is suspect, used for a demonstration a while
ago. Everything is laid out in projected 3D space, not in real world
coordinate space as you might expect. We need to incorporate the
J3DGeo object into the whole OpenMap J3D mechanism to change the whole
paradigm.

Best Regards,

Don