[OpenMap Users] Loading OpenMap with Java Web Start

From: Danny Chen <dchen_at_atl.lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:40:13 -0700

Has anyone been able to load openMap successfully using Java Web Start?
I know it can be done since one of the demos for OpenMap uses Web Start,
but I am having problems doing it in my application. The problem is
that I'm trying to find my "a.toc" file by searching through directories
in my jar, but I am having problems loading the resources as a File
object in my code and seeing if it is a directory and listing the files
underneath it. I know there's been some discussion regarding
instantiating a File object from jar resources, and I hope i'm not
rehashing old material. I really need help on this though. Thanks..