Re: [OpenMap Users] SimpleBeanLayer or InteractionLayer?

From: Alessio Iannone <alessio_iannone_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 08:57:04 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Adam, to solve the same task i have simply extended an OMGraphicHandlerLayer and call setList method, now when i want to animate an object I just call the regenerate method on a generic openmap obiecj (<T extends BasicGeometry>...so I mean on any openmap object that extends BasicGeometry). Basically the sequence of operation i perform is: For each object i want to animate: change it's attribute (like position) call regenerate End For At the end of this cicle issue a repaint request on the layer holding these objects. I have tested with about 2000 air track (to which i have added some extra info, that is part of 2525b package support that I am developing). and on a dual core 2.0Ghz intel machine with a Linux OS the cpu is no more than 30-40% and the updates rates are about 5 per seconds....Obviously if you need to add o remove object to the list you have to call again setList Best Regards Alessio Iannone Software Engineer Mobile: 39 329 8834960 Email: alessio.iannone_at_nextant.it IM: quonn77_at_hotmail.com (AIM) http://www.linkedin.com/in/alessioiannone Web sites of the Martial Arts I play Nextant - Navcomm Applications Via Alessandro Noale See who we know in common Want a signature like this? ----- Messaggio originale ----- Da: Adams Tan <nikida78@gmail.com> A: openmap-users@bbn.com Inviato: Lunedì 21 aprile 2008, 10:35:43 Oggetto: [OpenMap Users] SimpleBeanLayer or InteractionLayer? Hi, I am fairly new to OpenMap API, and have the following queries regarding the abovementioned subject. A little background first; I am animating a large amount of objects (up to 5000), movement of each objects varies, some (500 objects) will move every 5 secs, the rest every 1 min. I started extending the InteractionLayer and use a Swing Timer to animate the objects. Lately, i've discovered that I can also use SimpleBeanLayer, as long as I make my objects extend from SimpleBeanObject. I do like the drag n drop functionality, but it is not strictly necessary. Hence, should I stick to InteractionLayer? Or switch to SimpleBeanLayer? Please advise... Adams Tan Inviato da Yahoo! Mail. La casella di posta intelligente. http://it.docs.yahoo.com/mail/overview/index.html