[OpenMap Users] Performance in Rendering Shape Road Network

From: Alessio Iannone <alessio_iannone_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:39:57 +0000 (GMT)

I am trying to improve performance in loading a road network shape file...first some requirements: I need to load a shape file of road network and to apply different style according to the FRC fields of the DBF file associated. According to this rules i have tried ShapeLayer, BufferedShapeLayer, and EsriPlugin. The ShapeLayer is the only that is capable to apply the rule to the shape according to the DBF but is poor in performance . I am loading just 25Mb of Shape and 38Mb of DBF. The BufferedShapeLayer is very good in performance but is not able to apply rules...I have done an hack that let me apply rules but I am getting lost when I change the scale or pan the map because basically it seems that I have however to regenerate the map...otherwise i get some strange artifact.... EsriPlugin (and so EsriShapeLayer) stay in the middle...i could apply rules but on a per id basis and not based on DBF (I mean not using any available fields...i know I can add on the dbf fields for each ID that describe the appearence...but how can I bind it to the scale? I have also tried to modify EsriGraphicFactory to use some PoolObject (for example when creating LatLonPoint) but I don't see any valuable improvement... ....Any hints on how to improve rendering speed? For JR: I have tried your code but I didn't succed in render the map...i need more time to investigate.... Best Regards. Alessio Iannone Software Engineer Mobile: 39 329 8834960 Email: alessio.iannone_at_nextant.it IM: quonn77_at_hotmail.com (AIM) http://www.linkedin.com/in/alessioiannone Web sites of the Martial Arts I play Nextant - Navcomm Applications Via Alessandro Noale See who we know in common Want a signature like this? Inviato da Yahoo! Mail. La casella di posta intelligente. http://it.docs.yahoo.com/mail/overview/index.html