Re: [OpenMap Users] SimpleBeanLayer or InteractionLayer?

From: Adams Tan <nikida78_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:27:49 +0800

Thank you Alessio for the prompt reply.. seems like we are doing similar
apps...

I've also extended InteractionLayer (which is a grandchild of
OMGraphicHandlerLayer), but instead of calling setList, I used a Swing Timer
to call doPrepare. I'm not sure if which way is better, but doPrepare seems
to call a lot of unnecessary stuff... maybe I'll try your approach.

However, my question in bringing up SimpleBeanLayer is because the JavaBeans
framework in OpenMap seems to be doing a lot of what I hope to achieve
eventually (such as object selection, properties editor, etc). I was
wondering if they would introduce too much complexity as compared to simply
extending OMGraphicHandlerLayer. In short, I am looking at the pros and cons
of using the 2 different approach.

Adams Tan