Re: [OpenMap Users] OMPoly memory leak

From: Alessio Iannone <alessio_iannone_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:18:36 +0000 (GMT)

It sounds very strange AFAIK OpenMap doesn't use JNI so closng the OpenMap application shall free al the retained memory associated to the JVM that as launched the application....or I don't have understand what do you mean for shutdown the OpenMap instance.... Alessio Iannone Software Engineer Mobile: 39 329 8834960 Email: alessio.iannone_at_nextant.it IM: quonn77_at_hotmail.com (AIM) http://www.linkedin.com/in/alessioiannone Web sites of the Martial Arts I play Nextant - Navcomm Applications Via Alessandro Noale See who we know in common Want a signature like this? ----- Messaggio originale ----- Da: "jonathan.2.hart@bt.com" <jonathan.2.hart@bt.com> A: openmap-users@bbn.com Inviato: Martedì 29 aprile 2008, 14:56:09 Oggetto: [OpenMap Users] OMPoly memory leak Hi, I'm using OpenMap embedded in an Eclipse rich client application. I've got a memory leak, when the OpenMap window is closed the memory used by the map is not freed up. I've done some digging with profiling tools and it looks like the OMPoly objects used by OpenMap are not being garbage collected after the instance of OpenMap is being shutdown. Has anyone else had a similar problem, or any suggestions how to clear up these objects? Regards Jonathan -- [To unsubscribe to this list send an email to "majdart@bbn.com" with the following text in the BODY of the message "unsubscribe openmap-users"] Inviato da Yahoo! Mail. La casella di posta intelligente. http://it.docs.yahoo.com/mail/overview/index.html